Saturday, July 10, 2010

July 10, 2010 - I have a nesting habit.

I have a habit of creating, what my family calls, 'nests' wherever I spend much time. I sort of ensconce myself in a place. Do other people do this? It happens mostly on couches, comfy chairs, but I also sort of created a nest at my desk at work. I've created little nests at libraries and student unions when I used to study for finals. This is my most current nest. Its been in the works since I returned from vacation, it has a variety of essentials: my almost-expired passport, some euro coins, various remote controls, opened/paid bills, a regency romance novel, my phone, afghans and pillows, and a non-"trashy romance" book that i thought i'd read to attempt to feel more proud of my literary pursuits but couldn't actually get through chapter one. One day I'll get in a cleaning fit and clean up this nest and the couch will be clear for about a day or two before I begin building my next nest. It's just how I do.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a total nester, too. I have a tendency to create piles around me, much to the dismay of anyone who lives with me.

    ReplyDelete