I saw a live matinee performance from the NY Metropolitan Opera this afternoon. It was "Iphigenie in Tauride". The Met has teamed up with movie theaters around the globe and shows some of their performances of their season. I didn't know anything about this opera, but was really excited when I realized that Placido Domingo was singing one of the leads. Cool! He had a cold, but did really well. This is him during intermission when they followed him to his dressing room. He had a big cup of tea while his entourage fiddled around with his costume and makeup.
Saturday, February 26, 2011
February 26, 2011 - Placido Domingo!
I saw a live matinee performance from the NY Metropolitan Opera this afternoon. It was "Iphigenie in Tauride". The Met has teamed up with movie theaters around the globe and shows some of their performances of their season. I didn't know anything about this opera, but was really excited when I realized that Placido Domingo was singing one of the leads. Cool! He had a cold, but did really well. This is him during intermission when they followed him to his dressing room. He had a big cup of tea while his entourage fiddled around with his costume and makeup.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment