Tuesday, August 10, 2010

August 10, 2010 - Poor boy.

This was the scene this afternoon after I checked in on Watsy at Dad's house (Dad is on vacation) and found Watson still in the same chair that I left him in yesterday. He was crying like he does when he's happy to see people but it hadn't looked like he'd eaten at all and he never got off the chair yesterday when I saw him (but I just decided he was a little lazy or was tired or something). But then I went in the guest room and the treats my dad left for watsy before he left on Saturday were still not eaten, which is unheard of. Watson usually has those 'the human family is going on vacation but leaving you snacks so you'll be distracted while we get the luggage in the car' treats eaten before you've even pulled the car out of the garage. So, I got some canned food and decided I'd tempt him with that because dad had warned me that Watson didn't seem to like the dry food he'd gotten last time he went to the grocery store. So, I got the canned food and shook it, and usually the cat comes running. Well, all I heard was his normal crying regarding canned food but it was still coming from the room his favorite chair is in. So i took it in there, and saw one of the saddest sights ever. He was so excited for the canned food, but every time he'd try to sit up, he'd collapse back into his chair. He had no strength at all. And when I put him on the ground to get him to walk to his food bowl, he couldn't stand, he just collapsed again. So, I called the vet and took him in. This picture was in the car. I couldn't shove him in his cat carrier, and so I figured, well, he's got no strength, maybe he'll just lay on the floorboard? No. He got a shot of adrenaline when he realized he was being put in the car and next thing ya know, I've got King Kong climbing all over the place and panting and just crazy ridiculous screaming and hissing. Finally he wore himself out enough that I could shove him in his cat carrier in the backseat, but he was so scared and so sick and he ended up peeing all over himself and the backseat of my car. Poor baby. Finally we made it to the vet's office and all the nurses were concerned and ready to see him and the vet wanted to run tests and so now they've got him until Dad returns next week. I hope he gets better. I think some water and food would help a lot. The more I think about it, I should have brought his water dish to him before trying to shove him in the cat carrier. At least I would have known he'd drank something. But I know he'll be getting taken care of now. And hopefully the tests will show what's wrong with him. He's begun to have arthritis in his shoulder and Even on Sunday, when I saw him and he did actually walk toward me to eat a little bit out of his dish, he was limping a little and had to stop and rest a few times. So, I know his bones are bothering him. Maybe that's all it is. Just severe arthritis that they can fix with a good steroid shot or something. I hope it's nothing really serious! Poor boy.

1 comment:

  1. He looks quite small in this picture...almost kitten-like....especially if you know how big he is usually.

    ReplyDelete