Friday, May 28, 2010

May 28, 2010 - In the dome.

Today I got to go all the way to the top of the dome of the state capitol building. I'd been to the fifth floor, which is the highest interior space in the capitol, known as "The Whispering Gallery" because of the awesome acoustics. But I'd never gone all the way to the top of the dome. And not only did I get to go to the top of the inside of the dome, but then we were allowed to go outside the top of the dome. It was really cool, but climbing the stairs freaked me out as I have a tiny fear of heights. Heights plus narrow wobbly stairs in a confined space? I had to give myself a lil' pep talk on the way down. So this is what the interior of Missouri's State Capitol dome looks like. Neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment