ESPN's College Gameday came to Mizzou for homecoming yesterday morning. It was ridiculous. The whole day was crazy, beginning with 18,000 Mizzou fans packing the quad for this show, then the parade, and then ridiculous amounts of tailgating all afternoon followed by the big game against OU broadcast nationally on ABC. OU came in ranked #1, Mizzou was #11 and Mizzou won!! By a decent amount!! And it's Coach Gary Pinkel's first time to ever beat OU and it was probably the most exciting day in MU sports history on campus. I would imagine that there are pieces of the goalpost all over downtown Como this morning. When I was in college, they'd tear them down and march them down to Harpo's. I would imagine Harpo's has a piece of a MU goalpost from last night somewhere on their property again today.
Sunday, October 24, 2010
October 23, 2010 - Hello ESPN, welcome to the Zou!
ESPN's College Gameday came to Mizzou for homecoming yesterday morning. It was ridiculous. The whole day was crazy, beginning with 18,000 Mizzou fans packing the quad for this show, then the parade, and then ridiculous amounts of tailgating all afternoon followed by the big game against OU broadcast nationally on ABC. OU came in ranked #1, Mizzou was #11 and Mizzou won!! By a decent amount!! And it's Coach Gary Pinkel's first time to ever beat OU and it was probably the most exciting day in MU sports history on campus. I would imagine that there are pieces of the goalpost all over downtown Como this morning. When I was in college, they'd tear them down and march them down to Harpo's. I would imagine Harpo's has a piece of a MU goalpost from last night somewhere on their property again today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment